Nutrition and Physical Activity Self-Assessment for Child Care (NAP SACC) training will help your program be the best it can be. NAP SACC training will focus on useful information and skills that you can put right into action to improve the health of young children. Our short, interactive trainings will make professional development easy, fun and convenient.
- 5 hours
- Child Care Centers (CCC) and preschools
- Child Development Homes (CDH)
DHS Training Registry
- Iowa’s Child Care Provider Training Registry is an online tool where child care professionals can locate and enroll for DHS-approved professional development. The approved training opportunities can be accessed by visiting the DHS Training Registry.
Training will cover the following areas:
- Helping children eat healthy
- Supporting breastfeeding and other healthy infant feeding practices
- Limiting screen time
- Getting infants and young children active
- Using the outdoors for active play
- Encouraging healthy oral health habits
NAP SACC is full of resources to help you offer children a healthy start. Download program materials including self-assessment forms.
Child Care Consultants access the webinar training tutorial here.
To view the 5210 Health Choices County website, click here.