Every Child Reads
The Iowa Department of Education developed Every Child Reads to assist parents and providers in promoting literacy.
- Zero to Three - 16 hours upon completion of series
- Three to Five - 18 hours upon completion of series
- Child Care Centers (CCC) and preschools
- Child Development Homes (CDH)
DHS Training Registry
- Iowa’s Child Care Provider Training Registry is an online tool where child care professionals can locate and enroll in DHS-approved professional development. The approved training opportunities can be accessed by visiting the DHS Training Registry.
Training Narrative for Zero to Three
This series training was developed to assist providers in promoting literacy to infants and toddlers. Participants will learn the importance of communication and how to encourage children to interact with books and other reading activities.
The four modules of this training are:
- Foundations Of Every Child Reads: Birth to Three
- How Infants and Toddlers Learn Language and Literacy
- Engaging in Conversations with Infants and Toddlers
- Reading with Infants and Toddlers Using Interactive Strategies
Parent Resources to encourage a literacy partnership can be found here.
Training Narrative for Three to Five
This series training was developed to assist providers in promoting literacy skills to children ages 3 - 5. Participants will learn the importance of developing language skills that enhance experiences in reading and writing, as well as develop strategies to effectively support these skills.
The three modules of this training are:
- Stages of Language
- Stages of Reading
- Stages of Writing
Parent Resources to encourage literacy partnership can be found here.