Child Care Issues

The Child Care Assistance (CCA) program supports low income families with parents, who are looking for work, employed or attending school to pursue vocational or educational training.

Child Care Businesses are eligible for a higher Child Care Assistance (CCA) reimbursement rate if they are Registered/Licensed and participate in Iowa's Quality Rating and Improvement System (IQ4K®).

As a provider, you may serve child care assistance families as a licensed center, registered child development home or child care home provider. New nonregistered provider application packets are available through CCR&R here.

Required Forms - HHS

Payment Application for Nonregistered Providers

ID# 470-2890


Health, Safety and Fire Standards Checklist for CCHA

ID# 470-5385


Child Care Assistance Provider Agreement

ID# 470-3871


Direct Deposit Authorization Form

Optional form to use for Direct Deposit


Authorization for Release of Child and Dependent Adult Abuse Information

ID# 470-3301 (for anyone over the age of 14 living in the home)

View Spanish

Fingerprinting Guidance

Iowa’s partnership with FieldPrint, the Livescan Fingerprinting Process


Pet Health Exam

ID# 470-5153


Child Abuse

HHS Report of Suspected Child Abuse - ID# 470-0665


Providers will be responsible for having their fingerprints "rolled" before submitting their registration materials. The provider is responsible for the completion of all required crimnal record check forms. To obtain these forms please contact the Department of Health and Human Services at 866-448-4605.

Assisting families who need help paying for child care

Depending on a family's income and size, they may qualify for a child care tax credit or subsidy. The Iowa Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in each county can help determine whether families meet eligibility requirements. Current assistance programs for child care include: Child Care Assistance, PROMISE JOBS and tax credits. To learn more and apply please visit the HHS website on Paying for Child Care or review Child Care Assistance Comm 62 (Spanish Comm 62) from HHS.

If you think a family might qualify for Child Care Assistance, be sure to talk with them about completing an application.

Some local communities may have additional financial assistance in the form of scholarships or vouchers through community organizations. Click here to find local Early Childhood Iowa family support programs.

Helpful Links

For a list of resources that you might find helpful, click here.