Posted by ICCRR
The new Department of Human Services (DHS) Mandatory Child Abuse Reporter Training (MCART) is now available on the Iowa DHS Training website here.
A few notes:
- This is not the same platform as the Iowa Child Care Provider Training Registry.
- You will need to create a NEW account by clicking on the blue button at the bottom of the screen.
- If you are self-employed (such as a Child Development Home provider) you may put “self” or “not applicable” under “Supervisor Name."
- Once logged in, see “Training Categories” on the main screen and choose “DS 169 Child Abuse Mandatory Reporter Training.”
- You will complete a Pre-Test of 6 modules and a Post-Test. Once completed, your certificate will be available.
- Be sure to maintain a copy for your records.
- Federal child care regulations require that this training be completed within 3 months of employment for licensed child care center staff.
- Child Development Homes and Child Care Homes accepting Child Care Assistance must complete training prior to application approval.
For further information regarding the requirements for mandatory reporter trainings, please see the Iowa Department of Human Service's website here.
For questions regarding access or difficulties with the training please contact the Iowa State University Child Welfare Research and Training Project here.
mandatory reporter child abuse training