Welcome to Iowa Child Care Resource & Referral
Child Care Resource & Referral (CCR&R) is a program to support quality child care throughout the state of Iowa. CCR&R is available to assist families in selecting child care providers who best meet the needs of a child and their family. Child Care Consultants provide on-site consultation to licensed preschools, centers, nonregistered home providers and Child Development Home providers.
Iowa Child Care Resource & Referral provides resources, education and advocacy to support quality child care. CCR&R is committed to ensure that Iowa’s vision is met.
All children, beginning at birth, will be healthy and successful.
DHS Releases Regulation Updates in 2019
DHS Application Packet now available from CCR&R
Click here to request your packet for:
- New Registered Application Packet for Child Development Home (CDH)
- New Nonregistered Application Packet for Child Care Home accepting Child Care Assistance (CCHA)
Iowa's Early Childhood and School Age Professional Workforce Registry (i-PoWeR) Webinars
Coming soon! The Department of Human Services (DHS) to release new i-PoWeR Registry. This will replace the current DHS Training Registry. To register for live webinars with Erin Clancy of DHS, click the links below. Online seating is limited, all webinars will be recorded and posted on the CCR&R website training page by December 9th. The webinars are a tutorial for navigating the new registry and are not eligible for training credit hours. i-PoWeR Flyer
- The Basics: Participants will learn the basics of creating a profile and registering for events, applicable for all provider types - watch recorded tutorial below.
- Creating a Profile: Participants will learn how to create a profile and upload documents for their registry profile, applicable for all provider types - watch recorded tutorial below.
- Managing Staff: This webinar is specifically for Program Directors and will focus on managing staff profiles - watch recorded tutorial below.
Join facilitated discussions driven by YOU!
CCR&R is committed to improving communication with child care providers across Iowa. It is through the sharing of information and experiences that participants can learn from each other and have an opportunity to develop themselves personally and professionally.
Communities of Practice, also known as “CoPs”, are groups of people who share a passion for something they do and want to learn how to do it better as they interact. CoPs allow attendees to learn and collaborate as content is driven by the participants.
View our statewide event calendar here!
There are a number of reasons to participate, including to:
- Build relationships & support friendship growth with peers
- Share and exchange knowledge
- Emotional engagement and support for each other to use evidence-based practices
- Identify internal and external expertise
- Problem-solve issues from the field
- Improve job satisfaction with peer conversations